I want to be the very best, like no one ever was
Pokemon and me
My dirty little secret about Pokemon
Beginning a new save file
- Gotta Catch 'em all - When I had Platinum, I was able to transfer all the Pokemon I had up until that point and I did indeed have a fully completed National Pokedex, including all the event Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, etc. I know it will probably be a long while before I get those event Pokemon again, but I would like to go into X&Y with a full national Pokedex. This means I might even have to obtain a few of the older games like Heart Gold and Platinum.
- Defeat 100 trainers in a row at the Battle Subway Super Doubles Line - What to do after I catch them all? Why, battle of course! The closest I've ever reached to getting a hundred in a row was back in Emerald at the Battle Tower. My team of Heracross, Regice, and Salamence was this close before getting wiped out by a Wailord using fissure three times in a row! Are you freaking kidding me!! I'm still upset about that, and it remains one of the most frustrating things to ever happen to me in video games. Anyway since I can't go back and pick up the pieces in every copy I use to have, I feel like defeating the Battle Subway this time around would help me make amends; and even though I've lost my Pokemon over the years, I haven't lose the desire to win.
- Only buy old version games to complete Pokedex, for now - I haven't reached the point where I am ready to go buying back all the old games I use to own, and Pokemon is no exception. Even though I would like to own a copy of each game once again, I am not going to drop all that money to obtain it right away, especially if I want to play them. I need to treat old game re-purchases like new ones, and I will detail some of my most favorite games I need to repurchase later, but for now with Pokemon once I've obtained all the Pokemon I could possibly get between my copy of White and Black 2, I will only buy past versions to complete it.
- Pokemon Dream Radar - Again another thing to help me complete my Pokedex, and only compatible with Gen V. I can only get this though once I've obtained all the Pokemon I can between the two games I own.
- Wait until Pokemon Bank releases - As of yesterday (1-22-14) Pokemon Bank just came back online in Japan, and we are still waiting to hear when it will be released in the U.S. That could be today, next week, or six months from now. Whenever it does get released, I can confidently buy Pokemon X&Y. I will be able to transfer my completed Pokedex with ease, and then I can focus mainly on playing X&Y and future Pokemon games.
- Defeat all the Champions in the Champions Tournament at least once - Winning the tourney for the first time last night at 1 a.m. was a huge moment for me. Yeah I lost like 5 times in a row to both Lance and Alder (especially Alder, he's got my number) it was a very rewarding experience for me. It's another page in the history book of my life with Pokemon games. I never get tired of battling the AI, raising my Pokemon and trying to find out what works best for me. I've tried going online but it seems most people are moving onto X&Y, and Nintendo has already pulled the Ranked battling so you can only play in Free Rating. Which is fine, and there is fun to be had there as well, but I get a lot of challenge from the PWT and I learn as much there as I do playing others.